REGISTRATION OPENS 01.01.17 - SUBMISSION DEADLINE 04.15.17
What is the House App Challenge?
"STEM education provides students the skills they need to compete for the jobs of tomorrow. This competition exposes our students to the STEM fields and inspires them to pursue a future in a rewarding STEM career."
- Congresswoman Dina Titus
The House App Challenge is an academic competition to promote innovation in the fields of science, technology engineering, and math (STEM). The competition is open to middle school students in the First Congressional District. Participating students will develop or design an app on a platform of their choice. They are also required to submit a video demonstrating the idea, implementation, and impact of the app. Throughout the competition, participating students will have opportunities to engage with various STEM educational partners located in the community to mentor and assist them with the development and design of their app.
- Jan 1, 2017 - Registration opens
- Feb 1, 2017 - Registration closes, App development begins
- Apr 15, 2017 - Submission Deadline
- Apr TBD, 2017 - Awards Ceremony
- May TBD, 2017 - NASA Astronaut School Visit
- Jan 1-15 - Partner with your peers & register online
- Jan 15-31 - Choose the app’s idea, implementation, and impact
- Feb 1 - Apr 1 - Develop app
- Apr 1-10 - Create video demonstrating app
- Apr 10-15 - Use Google Drive to submit video demo online
- Apr 15-20 - RSVP for Awards Ceremony
- Apr TBD - Awards Ceremony
The video demo should answer the following questions in 3 minutes or less:
- Idea: Why did you design this app? How did your team come to this?
- Implementation: What technology did you use to create this app? How did you do it?
- Impact: How do you want this app to impact users? How will this app be helpful?
NO CODING EXPERIENCE NEEDED.
- Learn coding from tech experts at workshops.
- Open to middle school students only.
- A great hands-on project for Social Studies, Science, Math, & the Arts.
Download Rules and Regulations
Thank you for signing up to participate in Congresswoman Titus’ House App Challenge. Please fill out the information below.
*indicates information that you need to provide.
Submission Deadline Is April 15, 2017 11:59Pm Pst.
Questions? Contact Us At 702-220-9823, Or Email At Ana.Quintanilla@Mail.House.Gov.